This is the 3rd 5 day update (Day 11 to Day 15) of my “31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge”. For those of you who have no idea what is going on here, please refer to why I started this challenge from the first place.
First of all I want to apologize for the delay of this week’s post. I am going on a trip to China for a special family event this weekend, so I was quite busy preparing for the trip, especially I will be the only one who is traveling with my son. Plus, if the posting schedule is messy for the following two weeks, it’s also because of this trip. (I will post my next few articles from China! Yeah)
Time flies and I am half way through this challenge. I have to say that I learned a lot from this challenge and since the beginning I have taken massive actions to improve the quality of my blog contents and visiting traffic to my blog.
This result is significant after comparing the data from March to April and May. Now let’s look at some evidence here.
The traffic data from Google Analytics for the month of March is the following:
And if you compare it to the traffic in April, you will see some obvious difference
The number of unique visitors went up about 25% from March to April and it did not stop there. Here comes the site traffic up to May 18.
By May 18, the traffic already went over the whole month’s data in April. If you are an experienced blogger, you will notice that the number is still very tiny, but to me, I am very happy to see the growth and have confidence that the number of unique visitors will go up further in the future months.
In the following, I want to summarize my action plan examples:
– From day 11 of the challenge, I learned how to come up with more blog content ideas to write from one single written post. By doing this exercise, my mind was opened and I think I will never run into a situation where I am stuck in my writing anymore. One of examples I have is showing in the following picture (It’s a process of brainstorming based one of my old post: http://www.homelearningexperience.com/10-tips-to-use-your-time-smartly/)
– From day 12, I scheduled my future blog posts for the next month. If you follow my Facebook page closely, you might notice that I did not follow this editor schedule 100% of the time, but it provides me a very guide line and help me form a new habit of organizing future articles on my blog
– Day 13’s task is a little bit creative, but I did take time to leave my desk and had a good time in my local shopping. To read Darren’s post taught me how to learn from the environment surround me and it made me understand how to learn by connecting different experiences together.
– On Day 14, I went on Elance.com and hired a design company to help me with a logo and header design. To be honest, this task has been long time overdue to my blog, but I am very happy I eventually have it done. If you have not been to my blog recently, I am sure you already noticed the difference.
– Day 15 is about to find a blog buddy. Even though I have not figured out an efficient way, but I have been actively commenting and communicating with great bloggers on the following blog:
I learned a lot from the great communications.
Recently I am a little slower when working on this challenge as I am actively following a niche site project closely with Pat Flynn at smartpassiveincome.com. I have built my first niche site from the scratch 10 days ago. I am sure I will have some great things to share in the near future. If you are interested, please join us too.
Until next time, I wish you all the best.